Sunday, April 29, 2012

Must-haves for my culinary pursuits


Alton Brown is a culinary wiz because he has access to great culinary instruments. After watching a season-load of Good Eats, I have decided to formulate a wishlist for my kitchen needs so that cooking can be made more convenient for my part. (Plus, I get to whip up some “good eats” like AB himself.) These are my top five priority items that I’m wishing for. (Actually, I’m more of requesting for these items… Ahem, SA MGA MAY KASARANG NGA MAG-”HALAD” SANG MGA INI SA AKON, LIHOG LANG DA AH.)
1. Digital weighing scale

Kick-ass Features: Tare weight; no more annoying springs or manual adjustments; instant read! Woohoo!
Purpose: Very helpful in baking and other cooking which requires weight measures rather than volumetric ones.
2. Cast Iron Skillet

Kick-ass Features: Durable; takes up heat very well; lasts forever (if maintained properly)
Purpose: Not only good for frying and sautéing, but baking as well.
3. Probe thermometer

Kick-ass Features: No risk of broken glass and colored alcohol/mercury spill-overs; instant read! WOOHOO!
Purpose: Perfection in food often requires the perfect temperature. Budlay na daan kon batok.
4. Candy thermometer (digital)

Kick-ass Features: Can be fixtured in scalding oil/syrup-filled pans; instant read!
Purpose: for getting to that target temperature for frying or candy-making
5. Muffin Tin

Kick-ass Features: MUFFINS!
Purpose: MUFFINS!
*****
I suppose it’s better for me to practice cooking (like Alton “Good Eats guy” Brown) than to get hooked so much on videogaming.
Again, I would like to reiterate: SA MGA MAY KASARANG NGA MAG-”HALAD” SANG MGA INI SA AKON, LIHOG LANG DA AH.
Good luck, godspeed, God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment