Saturday, October 9, 2010

Revision of Introduction

(NOTE: Revisions are both italicized and in parentheses, OR merely italicized. The revisions are due to the new phases I'm going through in life recently, as of 2012.)

“A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct.”
 -- Frank Herbert

Well, at least that is what Frank Herbert said about beginnings. Though exciting, beginnings make me feel awkward and occasionally queasy. Beginnings require introductions…
…and I’m about to give one about myself.

Hello. I’m Peace Flores (yes, that is my actual name if you look at my birth certificate). If my name seems “groovy” for you hippies out there (“Peace & Flowers, man!”), wait ’til you hear about who and what I am.

I am…
…a teenage guy (I was only 18 when I wrote this). Now I'm in my 20's
…a Negrense from the City of Smiles, Bacolod City
…taking up Bachelor of Secondary Education here in UNO-R. (I shifted to AB Psychology due to personal reasons)
…a Catholic (and I’m not ashamed to admit it) and I'm doing what I can to put my faith to life.
…a writer (who often has a major case of writer’s block)
-and-
…a campus journalist for the Tolentine Star (I’m the Feature and Opinion Editor at the moment). (I got upgraded to Associate Editor)

I like to…
…listen to Gaelic music (whether it’s Scottish or Irish)
…get addicted to Japanese culture (sushi, anime, taiko drums, kabuki warriors, ninjutsu, samurai, etc.)
…watch informative shows (Beakman’s World, Good Eats, Mythbusters), travel shows (Feasting on Asphalt, Planet Guide/Lonely Planet)
…laugh at British comedy (Monty Python, Blackadder, Adam and Joe) and old school Pinoy humor (Tito, Vic, and Joey, Rene Requiestas, Redford White, Jon Santos, etc.)
…read fantasy genres (Dungeons & Dragons, Forgotten Realms, Tolkien, Narnia) and socio-political books (Lualhati Bautista, Jun Cruz Reyes, etc.)
…eat anything edible and palatable (especially dessert and anything with tomato sauce, cheese, and meat)
…get informed with the latest news
…write poems, essays, articles when I’m in my literary zone
…drool at 90′s (or even older) animated cartoons and kid’s TV shows
...cook occasionally for self-practice of culinary learnings

What you might want/need to know about me are that I…
…love being socially aware and patriotic, and fighting for what is right as an advocate for genuine social change
…am a shinobi junkie for anything ninjutsu-related (Naruto, shurikens, katanas, concealment, martial arts, etc.)
…am a foodie; thus, I am so addicted to the culinary world Food Network shows (Ryori-no-Tetsujin/Iron Chef, Alton Brown, Bizarre Foods etc.)
…love puppets (Sesame Street, Muppets, Batibot, etc.)
…am a child of the 90′s
…am constantly bothered by problems
…have athetoid case cerebral palsy since childhood (Seriously. More on this later on.)
…sympathize for society’s underdogs (the poor, oppressed, exploited, and disadvantaged)
…scorn and loathe society’s scum (the corrupt, greedy, despotic, exploitive, power-hungry, and vainglorious)
…want to do something great for humanity
…just want to write something out of my mind (whenever I've got something to say)

With this not-so-plain introduction finished, I welcome you to my world my personal literary zone, whose name is a homage to that "place where no Truthsayer can see. [They] are repelled by it, terrorized. It is said a man will come one day... He will look where [they] cannot..." (And that man is me.)

Good luck, godspeed, God bless!

P.S.: Hanep sa Frank Herbert's "Dune" references! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment