Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MARENG WINNIE, ASTEEG [NG LECTURE] MO!

Honor and Excellence (Prof. Solita Monsod’s last lecture to her class)
(courtesy of Youtube user jedoenriquez)

Here are some sensible words of wisdom from her lecture:

“Whether you know it or not, or whether you realize it or not, you are leaders. I mean not just future leaders, you are leaders now.”

“If you failed in this class, it’s not really our fault. It’s your fault, because you have what it takes to pass and nobody’s trying to make you fail, right?”

“Do you know what the university motto is? …Honor and excellence. Honor first before excellence. It’s not excellence and honor, it’s honor and excellence.”

“And what is the fruit of honor and excellence? Is it not competence and integrity?”

“…Cheating in the small things is going to lead to cheating in the large things.”

“…Once you cheat, you are now no longer part of the solution anymore; you are going to be very much a part of the problem.”

“I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do. And with the grace of God, I will do it.”

“…If you are going to help this country, you’ve got to be in the country.”

“So if you turn your back on the country, if you turn your back on the Filipino people, what you are doing, essentially, is you are exacerbating the problem rather than helping in the solution.”

Kudos on her lecture, but I hope that what she talked about could be walked by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment