Monday, January 14, 2013

UPDATES

UPDATE 1:  Game of Thrones Marathon

"Fire cannot kill a Dragon."
 -- Daenerys Targaryen

Just finished the second season of Game of Thrones after a midnight-to-dusk marathon on my sister's iPad. I'm not really that much of a die-hard fan, but the political intrigues, the power struggles, the [occasionally-seen] arcane elements really catch my interest. Never mind the outright gore, sex, and profanity. After all, this is a complex high fantasy aimed towards a more mature audience, and not suited for the wee ones.
As for the Daenerys Targaryen quote, well, she's my favorite character. Headstrong and clever, with a certain but necessary ruthlessness. (And she kind of resembles Barbie. Maybe she is a life-size living doll.)
Let's just say that I'm putting my money on the Khaleesi, with her dragons and sorcery. Other characters I'm rooting for are Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark. Nonetheless, as I anticipate Season 3 (due this Summer)... GO TEAM TARGARYEN!!!

UPDATE 2: Angustias, Phobos, Metus

Ahh, at last, I've finally come across my favorite part of Psychology: Panic, Anxiety and Fear. Kind of reminds me of what first fired up my interest to take up this field...

Dr. Jonathan Crane (a.k.a. Scarecrow)
Ex-psychiatrist
Specialized in phobias and fear manipulation

Yep, Batman inspired me to take up Psychology. I guess those late afternoons or early evenings of my childhood spent on watching "Batman the Animated Series" on Studio 23 were not put to waste. I particularly find most interesting the psychology behind the villains of Gotham City because...

Tanan sila may topak.


UPDATE 3: THINGS TO DO

* Academic: Stuff for studies (research papers, assignments, readings, etc.) for the Midterms
* Extracurricular: Finalize activity plans for this hobbyist-artist organization I've been helping to mobilize
* Non-Academic: Luto, kaon, basa novel, tan-aw Iron Chef, cartoon marathon, pahuway, indi masyado maghampang
* Religious: Get my soul cleansed by attending the Recollect Augustinian Youth's formation/recollection thingy this Saturday.

* * * * *

That's all for now. In the meantime, good luck, godspeed, God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment