Friday, April 5, 2013

UPDATES

UPDATE 1: Gary Granada concert
I finally got to witness the man behind those Ginebra commercial jingles and seldom-heard (but incredible) acoustic tunes. He was awesome! His voice has the same awesome quality with his recorded tracks. And I never knew that his guitar's head is circular in shape. Like his own head. Hehe. Kidding aside, it's a pity though, that perhaps due to his aging, he said that he already has difficulty with performing vocals. Despite this, he has a teaching job at UP Diliman aside from his sporadic music career, which is quite good for him.

And it's a pity that I forgot to request him to perform this. :(

Anyway, thank you gid kay "Nang" Miloink (Mary Louise) kag Buttercup (Nang Lery) for accompanying me sa concert. :)

UPDATE 2: Palawan Vacation
Went to Palawan for Holy Week vacation together with Nanay, Tatay, and Malem. Particularly, in El Nido and Puerto Princesa. The Palawan experience for me is basically: sunburn, white sand in the singit, piles of sea urchins, more piles of jellyfish, and getting scratched by sharp coastal rocks and corals. Ooh, nasty!
Nonetheless, the nature, the beaches, the Underground River, the food (especially lobster, which I had for the first and second time, I think), the hospitality... very nice indeed. So many beautiful things to see. So brillant and beautiful, to the point that I wished I could gouge my eyes for witnessing too much brillance and beauty of some of those, uh, things. Gahd, this is the problem with being male. (Keep those hormones at bay, kid!)
What was regretful was that we scheduled this vacation during Holy Week that we couldn't visit the other attractions because they were closed.  No crocodile spotting. No visit to Vietnamese restaurant to try chao long or pho (nga gin-recommend pa naman ni Nang Jamie). No extra foodtripping (kay sirado sila for Holy Week).
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Hagedorn's face is everywhere there! Aside, from Eddie Villanueva and Cynthia Villar, that is. Also saw a poster of Doc Gerry Ortega, an anti-mining activist killed for vague but obvious reasons (if that made any sense).

Picture courtesy of my older sister, Malem.

Thank you, Manang Kim! :3

UPDATE 3: Summer 2013

BAKASYON NAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! 'Nuff said.


* * * * *

That's all for now, folks! Good luck, godspeed, God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment