Tuesday, July 24, 2012

CONSOLATION ARRIVES WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT

Something very heavy and serious is pissing me off today this afternoon. I won't tell what it is but it's pissing me off. I was about to transform myself into Pacianong Pissed-Off starting this afternoon until I redeem myself and/or get over it (by redeeming myself), when suddenly, I received a message that I never ever expected to accept.

My surrogate sister, Nang Miloy, and step-mother, Nanay Lesli were coming over to UNO-R to chillax with a few good old comrades, including me. I was supposed to go home in my pre-pissed off state, but receiving that message made me meet them at the lobby and hang out with them even for just a bit. We then headed for the canteen and chatted and ate cake and chatted... By the way, I wondered about the cake and I asked "ano ang okasyon?" until I was reminded that yesterday was Nanay Lesli's birthday.

I was also re-acquainted with Mrs. Arlene Solano-Esplanada, whom I should now refer to as "Nanay Bones". Aaand... in addition to our quartet, may nag-upod pa tambay sa amon bisan long-distance when a phone call to Anna Marie (who's in UP Baguio) was made through Nanay Lesli's cellphone.

Isa na lang gid ka tawo ang kulang para makumpleto ang "Fellowship", and through the carrot cake connection and the HS Otakus link (not to mention our conversations and stories that made many references to "he who must not be named" and "public secret"), his spirit prevailed upon our [not-so-]holy gathering during that afternoon.

I guess that despite the stress of college and life and other things that piss me off, consolation arrives when you least expect. (Yeah, and I had contemplations about asking Nanay Lesli for another one-on-one chillax/bonding moment between "adopted son" and "step-mother". KILALA NIYO NA 'NA KON SIN-O ANG "AMAY" KO.) And I am both humbled and grateful for being fortunate to be granted with such treasured moments like this.

Sigh... Salamat gid, Nanay Lesli, Nanay Bones, Nang Miloy, Anna Marie, and (in a way) "Master Darklord" (O, clue na 'na ang first letters), for making such a brief but fond moment possible.

By the way, I guess Pacianong Pissed-Off is postponed in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment