Friday, February 15, 2013

21 FOR 21 ON 21: Wish #7


WISH #7: LIVE A MONASTIC LIFE (IF #8 DOESN'T COME TRUE)

If I end up being a bachelor for life, I want to be a monk.

No, not that kind of monk.
(It'd be cool, though. HIII-YAH!)

This kind of monk.

I was raised in a Catholic home. My father is an ex-seminarian. My cousin is an ex-seminarian (and currently a Catholic apologist). My late grandma is very religious. I was baptized by the late Bishop Fortich. We have a lot of family friends who are clergy people. Most of all, my elementary yearbook entry states that I wanted to be a priest. And I predict that I won't be having any girlfriend later on.

And if I do find a life partner and get married later on and have a family, when I retire, I will still ask for my family's permission and become a monk. (Especially kon settled naman yah ang mga bata ko kag na-fulfill naman ang akon life goal, 40-50 years from now)

A simple life of Ora et Labora would be a suitable way to spend my twilight years. Prayer and good honest work would make my geriatric years more meaningful. By this time, I've probably accomplished everything I wanted to do (and I could use some spiritual inner peace for my old age later on).

And it would be a good way to atone and repent for my wrong deeds in my younger years.

* * * * *

Six more wishes! Five days to go! Good luck, godspeed, God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment