Thursday, February 14, 2013

21 FOR 21 ON 21: Wish #8


WISH #8: FIND MY MATE* WHEN THE PROPER TIME COMES.

* - Daw sapat lang bah.

Yes, I admit it. Even if I'm that eccentric and [more often] introverted, I am a human being. No man is an island. Social interactions, obladi, obladah... socializing, yadda, yadda, yadda. I also get attracted to the opposite sex. AND YES, PEOPLE WITH CEREBRAL PALSY (like me) HAVE FEELINGS TOO.

And what kind of lady do I want be with? Apparently, she is not Jinri Park. (Hehe! Indi man gid 'ko amo 'na ka-ambisyoso.)

The type of girl that I want to be my life partner would be someone who:
- has good attitudes, social graces, and personal ethics (or morals)
- knows how to be assertive without being too domineering
- knows how to be accommodating without being too submissive
- knows how to be smart and wise without being too highfalutin
- has a healthy sense of humor and an open mind
- can appear (and be) beautiful without trying so hard
- isn't too materialistic and capricious

BOTTOM LINE: I just want to be with A SIMPLE LADY.

If Divine Providence allows it, I wish I could have a girlfriend perhaps six years from now (after I finish graduate school and, perhaps, my PhD). The reason why "six years from now" is that I still have plans for life, like getting a career, and fulfill my life goal of writing and publishing some books. And besides, it's not just practical for my part to date and court and other mushy, lovey-dovey stuff. (Gahd, that makes me sick.)

And lovey-dovey stuff costs money, time, effort, and stress.

It does not mean that I have totally ignored the emotional aspect of my life, though. I too want to meet the girl of my dreams, tell her how much I would do for her good, and hope to gain her acknowledgement, if not her approval. But, since I do not have a career (and a stable, secure life) of my own yet, I can only look and dream of her (whoever she is). After all, I'd rather not waste my time and resources (and hers, as well) over such mushy "romantic" nonsense. We now live in a world where socioeconomic stability is important, and no lady would want to end up with an already physically-challenged guy who is unaccomplished and underprivileged.

Anyway, to the girl of my dreams (kon sin-o ka man), I can wait for you. However, the question is, "Will you wait for me?"

In the meantime, I'll just live a cold and not-to-solitary life while working for a stable and bright future. -_-

Oh, and happy Thursday. I don't believe in that sugar-coated, consumerist crap they call Valentines.

* * * * *

Good luck, godspeed, God bless! NEXT WEEK NA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment